1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place a wire cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil
2) Place wings into a large bowl
3) In a small bowl, stir together all the dry seasonings. Sprinkle over chicken pieces evenly, then rub evenly into the meat. Place the chicken on the cooling rack.
4) Bake for 1 hour and 15 min. Turn over, increase temp to 250 degrees and back another 1 hour and 15 minutes.
5) Turn once more and increase the temp to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes. The larger cuts (turkey wings and leg quarters will be done when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted.
***Note, for the turkey wings and leg quarters, increase the cooking time by 30 minutes for EACH cooking stage.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
****Additional note, we found that the turkey, especially, dried out a bit when we first tried these, but by brining them and the leg quarters, the perfect moisture was reached! Here is a simple brine recipe that we used:
1 gallon water
3/4 cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
Scant T crushed garlic
Mix liquids over medium heat until sugar and salt are dissolved. Then add peppercorns and garlic. Let cool to room temp and then add your poultry. Let brine for 4-5 hours (if you happen to use this for a whole bird, brine for 8-10 hours). Remove from brine and rinse with cold water. Lay on paper towels to dry. Then follow the recipe above with the rub.